Auto fares increased to ` 17/- from Aug 1 - DucussionAfter the hike of the petrol and diesel, now it is the turn of the Auto rickshaw driver to increase their fares for the auto.
The discussion was on immediately after the hike of petrol and diesel prices by the Government to increase the minimum fare by Rs.20/-.
The highest being in any of the state in India.
This Saturday, Government has announced the hike of auto fare from 14/- per 2 km to 17 per 2 km and thereafter 8.50/- per km.
What does this mean?
We will need to shell out Rs 20/- for minimum fare as the autor driver will not have 3Rs change to give back for minimum fare.
Does this mean Government has played a safe game by letting the citizens know that we have increased by 3/- from 14 to 17, when the demand was Rs20 from the Auto union.
Revised Auto Rates:-
1. Rs. 17 (for first two km) and Rs. 8.50 as per km fare thereafter.
2. Waiting charge free for first 5 minutes, and Re.1 for every 15 minutes thereafter.
3. Luggage charge free upto 20kg and Rs. 2 for every 20kg thereafter.
4. Maximum luggage limit allowed is 50kg
5. Night fare chargeable is one and a half times of metre fare.
6. Time for night fare is between 10pm and 5am
Phone number to complaints
Poll of the Day Auto Fare increase Fair or Not