You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Corrupt Pollitians no doubt- But what about shop keepers

Hi Folks,
    Our newspapers are flooded with SCAMS- ranging from an MLA flouting some laws, minister's act of nepotism, etc.- these are nothing new...

But some things that I did not bother for a while now, but started to oflate is that shop keepers taking more than what states on an MRP.

The Nandini Mik packet (Oraante in colour- the rich cream so to say) is Rs 12 on the packet for a half litre and that is the MRP quoted. So for one litre - the ideally one should pay Rs 24. But why is my local shop keeper charging me a Rupee etc. Why is he taking Rs 25 when the MRP is only Rs 24.
    Has the definiton of MRP changed? Why should i pay 1 Rupee etc more? Any suggestions. Why is a consumer always harassed. There should be a way to stop this menance.
    Hi Deepika

Near my house also the rates are some what like this, if we get the milk in morining, the shop keeper is charging Rs 24/ litre. But after some time , that is 10.30 pm if we ask for the same milk he is charging Rs 25. Saying that once we put the milk in regrigerator we will charge Rs 1 extra. As the Nandni milk suppliers will not pay us anything extra for the consumpsion of electricity for refrigerator. If we not charge this Rs 1 extra then from were we have to pay the electricity bill.

Regards

Mehmood Sultan

Oops it is a trend everywhere. But how do we stop this menance.

If they are supplying the essential commodiities, why should we pay up for their electricity.

They cannot set up a norm at cost of a consumer. Is it not.

an awareness should be created to stop this practise

Hi Deepika,

Very good point brought by you. The electricity charges are included in the MRP.
    This is blatantly misused by the retailers as they know that it is a need and you will take it anyway.

This can be reported to the KMF (Karnataka Milk Federation) but I doubt you will get any reply.
    For the convenience I am adding the Address of the company.

KARNATAKA CO-OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCERS' FEDERATION LIMITED
    #2915, KMF Complex, D.R.College Post, Dr.M.H.Marigowda Road, BANGALORE - 560 029. Karnataka.

Ph: 080-255 36625,260 96800,260 96820,260 96830,
    Fax: 080-255 36105

E- Mail: kmfmktg@gmail.com / miskmf@gmail.com

Another way is report on their website, on the contact us page.
    http://www.kmfnandini.coop/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=59

I am really skeptical that any useful result can be expected.

However, One thing is that if we generate a number of complaints from different sources, they may take a cognizance and see that the retailers are disciplined.

brprakash

Hi Prakash,
    thank you so much for prvinding me the adrress for complaining about such malpractices. Definitely i will write to them. We may certainly cannot expect overnight changes, but as you said if the number of complaints go up, definitely there will be action.

The journey to a long desitnation begins with a single step.
    If all of us join together for a common cause, i am sure we can clean up the system.

Thank you.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.