You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss: What works out better for the kids and parents - full time home maker or a working mother?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'What works out better for the kids and parents - full time home maker or a working mother?'.

Can anyone suggest what works out better for the kids and parents - to be a home maker or a working mother?

I have two kids, one daughter and one son. I have an idea of starting home based business, really confused and dont know what to do. We do have lots of options of working from home, but does it really work? Please suggest some ideas.
    I Think a combination of both would be the best option in todays Fast paced life..... Working mothers can take a break & continue once the Kids start going to school...Giving up the career is not a Gud advise....

Hi Manju, Thanx for your advice dear. Yeah I have started a home based business, garments business. Now I can manage both, can take care of my children and also my small business, being at home itself.

It depends upon the Mother and her management of time between home and work. For a child, Mother is the first friend and plays a very important part in the child's growth both physical and mental. A child wakes with a call 'Amma'.

Well the above is good to read but working mother is the order of the day. The working mother will help securing the child's future by that added income. the additional income can support fulfilling the wishes.

Since your's is a case of home based business, there should not be any issue. It is always advisable to have a supporting income.

Best of Luck for your new business.
    Your kids also must be happy seeing you in your new Avatar.

One Piece of Advise. Did you add your home business to the classifieds section here.

Once again Best of Luck with your new business

brprakash

Hi Maha,

My view is that a women with a combination of both working and non working would be helpful for a family when we consider from today's point of view. The world at the moment cannot run with a single man's earning. If a Wife also earns, then it would really help a family with better facilities and good education to the children.

A home maker also can be a good mother to her children looking after their daily needs and can make them good children. But when it comes to financial planning, it would be ideal if a women works as well as plays her role as a home maker.

Thanks and regards,
    Mala.

Hi Prakash,

Thank you so much for your advice. Yeah as you said, its better to have an additional income, because ts very difficult to run a family with one's income. Previously i felt that going for job really affects the kids and we wont be able to look after them properly and the kids will miss the love and affection of the mother. Thats why i remained at home. My kids depend on me for everything and they expect my presence all the time. If i suddenly go for a job, they will really miss me, feel depressed. So what i planned is neither the kids should feel disappointed by my absence nor should i remain idle at home. Finally decided to start a home-based business, by which i can be with my kids and also support my family with this additional income. Now running my family and business smoothly. More preference is given for family and business when required.

Yes, I have posted an Ad related to my home-business in our MyBengaluru site.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.