You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

    Name spelling correction in birth certificate

    hi all, my sisters name in the birth certificate has a spelling mistake and now to apply for a passport I need to get that corrected. She was born in Karwar, UK district in 1990. Now, for the correction can I get that done in Bangalore? I think there is a Birth and Death office in Bangalore. Can I get it done here? Any suggestion people?

  • #742

    You will need to submit the paper in the respective office for the name.

    There is particular process for the correction of name in any of the document.

    Yes, there are office of Death and Birth certificate in Bangalore too.

    1) You can visit any of the Bangalore one centers.


    You can find more information Birth and Death Certificate


  • #744

    As per my Experience, just visit any Notary in Court,
    do a Affidavit on Name change,
    & you have to give an advertise in News papers Regarding the Name change.

    The Best way is First Contact Notary ( You get Notary Near Mayo hall, M.G.Road, Or any Court), He will give full detail's

  • This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.