Now book Indane gas any hour of the dayBANGALORE: Indane consumers now need not fret over jammed phone lines while trying to book their refill cylinders. The Indian Oil Corporation (IndianOil) on Thursday launched an automated system for booking of LPG refills through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS/SMS) in the city.
This facility, to benefit some 13 lakh Indane customers here, was launched by N.V. Prasad, Commissioner of Food and Civil Supplies.
The IVRS/SMS system has come into force at all the 58 Indane distributors in the city with immediate effect. Indane consumers can now book their refills and register their complaints 24/7 on one common number — 8970024365.
First-time users have to register through their phone by dialling 8970024365 and follow the simple steps as guided by the voice response system. Subsequent refill bookings and complaint registrations can be made from the registered phone number.
Consumers can also book their refills by texting "REFILL" to the same IVRS number. The system will send a reply SMS giving booking number, refill readiness and confirmed refill delivery.
IndianOil has also launched a multi-functional regulator (MFR), a unique device with additional features for increased safety and enhanced user-friendliness in place of existing domestic pressure regulator. It has safety provisions for complete excess flow shutoff, child lock and leak detection mechanism, besides flow restart plunger and low level indicator with analog or electronic display, a press note said.
Numbers to contact
For any clarifications, Indane consumers may get in touch with their distributors or contact the IndianOil Customer Service Cell on 080-22130421 or 22239473.
(Source: The Hindu)
1. Enter IVRS Number: 8970024365
2. The system will ask you to enter 1 or 2 or 3 to confirm the language in
which you want to communicate. Enter 1 or 2 or 3
3. Enter the Gas Distributor Tel No. with area code (Ex: 08028565533).
4. The system will confirm the Gas Distributor Name. If you have wrongly
entered the telephone number you can enter 2 and re-enter. If the
distributor is OK enter 1.
5. Enter your Consumer Number - It is a five digit number (Ex: 04296, 10677)
6. The system will respond with Booking Number if the number is OK ( Ex: 208669)
7. You can confirm the telephone number from which you want to contact in
future by entering 1.