Resources » Knowledge Sharing » Question Papers
2010 M.B.A Karnataka State Open University MBA in Financial Engineering: ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT
Download the Previous years question paper for MBA in Technology Management, Health Service
Management, Financial Service Management, Financial Engineering Examination held by Karnataka State Open University (KSOU). Find paper for all semester to download from here.
Download the question paper for:
University : Karnataka State Open University.
Paper for : M.B.A – Technology Management, M.B.A. – Health Service
Management, M.B.A.-Financial Service Management, M.B.A. –
Financial Engineering Examination.
Semester: I Semester ,
Year: June/July 2010.
Paper : ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT (NS)
SECTION – A
Answer any five questions. Each question carries 2 marks : (2x5=10)
1. a) What is convention of conservatism ?
b) What is net operating cycle ?
c) What is a flexible budget ?
d) Define absorption costing.
e) What is contribution margin ?
SECTION – B
Answer any five questions. Each question carries 7 marks : (7x5=35)
2. Distinguish between financial accounting and management accounting.
3. Illustrate the concept of 'funds flow' with examples.
4. Briefly explain the methods of depreciation.
5. Describe debtors and creditors turnover rations.
6. Outline the uses and limitations of break even chart.
7. Explain the various techniques of financial statement analysis.
8. Discuss the different sources and application of funds.
SECTION – C
Answer any two questions : (2x10=20)
9. Define standard costing. Explain the various methods of variance analysis.
10. Define budgetary control. Discuss the different kinds of budgets.
11. Explain the various sources of Working capital finance in India.
12. What is responsibility accounting ? What are its merits and demerits ?
SECTION – D
Answer any one question : (1x15=15)
13. The trading results of Nilgiris Stores, Delhi for the last 2 years were as under :
Year Sales (Rs.) Profit (Rs.)
2007 14, 40,000 1, 80,000
2008 16, 80,000 1, 56,000
Assuming that the capital structure and the selling price remains the same,
a) Profit Volume Ratio
b) Fixed expenses
c) Break even Point
d) Sales required to earn the desired profit of Rs. 1,80,000.
e) Profit at sales of Rs. 15,00,000.
14. From the following information, you are required to prepare a Balance Sheet.
Current Ration 1.25
Quick Ratio 1.25
Stock Turnover Ration (Based on Closing Stock) 9 times
Gross Profit Ratio 25%
Average Collection Period (in months) 1.5
Ratio of Reserves to Capital 0.2
Turnover of Fixed Assets 1.2
Fixed Assets to Net Worth 1.25
Sales for the year Rs. 24,00,000/-
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...